July 27 Update
Because of the surge in the spread of COVID-19 throughout the country and in our local area, we are updating our guidance on wearing masks at events and activities. Effective immediately, we highly recommend that you wear a mask. The medical community consistently points to masks as one of the primary ways for reducing the spread of the virus. By wearing masks, along with social distancing and diligent hand washing, we can make an impact and help protect those in our community.
June 3 Announcement
Read the full announcement below
Worship Gathering Update and Options
Beginning Sunday, June 14th, on-campus gatherings will resume. We are excited about taking this step. On-campus gatherings are just one of three options we encourage you to consider.
The Christ’s Church leadership has closely followed national and local developments of the coronavirus. We have met and prayed about when we can safely resume on-campus gatherings. The gatherings will look different and may not be the best option for everyone. Below is more information about what to expect.
Please look over the three options below to carefully consider which is best for you and your loved ones. We don’t expect everyone to return to on-campus gatherings. Due to social distancing requirements, we would be challenged to provide sufficient safe seating for everyone.
- Home Groups: Home Groups offer an excellent opportunity to worship in community, fellowship with others, care for young children, and limit your exposure to the virus. We encourage you to become involved in a small group worshipping together in homes with others (under 25 people). If you are interested in either joining or starting a home group please contact Jake Harp or Dana Hutson.
- Online Community: Online worship services will continue. This may be your best option if you have personal health issues that require you to minimize your exposure to others. Even with this option, we encourage you to find ways to connect with others. Note: Livestream services will be available on Sunday mornings during all three worship times. Thursday livestream services will be discontinued after June 4th due to the technical requirements of resuming gatherings.
- Public Gatherings in Oronogo: Sunday services will begin on June 14th. Thursday services will begin on June 18th. All services will be at their regular times: Thursdays at 6:45pm and Sundays at 8:00am, 9:15am and 10:45am
Public Gatherings – What to Expect
We desire to begin regathering safely and responsibly. Doing so will require significant modifications to what we are used to. Here’s what we ask of you and what you can expect.
- Social Distancing – Worship center chairs will be spaced to allow six feet between families. Only those living in the same home should sit together. The worship center will be divided into sections containing groups of chairs of various numbers. There will be groups containing two chairs, groups with three chairs, etc. Please select a group containing the exact number of chairs required for your family. This will provide space for more people in the worship center. Once the worship center is full, attendees will be directed to an overflow area. Our normal seating capacity of 1,200 seats will decrease to about 450 to meet social distancing considerations.
- Face Masks – We highly recommend you wear a face mask to protect your health and the health of others. However, face masks will not be required, and many will choose not to wear them. Our decision to not require face masks is based on several factors, including the number of known COVID-19 cases in Jasper County. If you are uncomfortable being around others who choose not to wear face masks, you may want to consider one of the other two worship options.
- Sanitation – A dedicated crew will clean and sanitize high-touch areas throughout the worship times.
- Fellowship – Please be sensitive to others. Avoid hand-shaking and hugging and understand that many people will only be comfortable with a six-foot cushion around their family.
- Children & Students – Initially, there will be no nursery or Kid’s Klub programming. Children should stay with their parents at all times. Information about Student Ministry classes will come in a separate communication.
- Communion – Communion will be provided in the form of prepackaged communion kits. The method of serving will change to avoid the passing of trays.
- Offering – Instead of passing the bags, collection drop-off points will be located around the worship center. We also encourage you to continue using online giving options.
- Cafe – Initially the cafe will be closed. Touchless water fountains are available near both the men’s and women’s restrooms.
Options are good, and there is no right or wrong choice. We encourage you to pick the one that works best for you and your family. If you have questions about the options or what to expect, please contact the church office at 417-673-3945 or by email.